Things To Do in Kennebunk/Kennbunkport Maine While Staying At The Turnpike Motel!
The Turnpike Motel is conveniently located in the Kennebunks! There are many things to do when visiting our motel. We are only minutes away from, and all major attractions. View things to do (listed below) while staying at The Turnpike Motel.
Ocean Recreation: Beaches, Lobster Boat Tours, Whale Watches, Deep Sea Fishing, Kayaking, Canoeing…
- Kennebunk/Kennebunkport Beaches - Cleaves Cove Beach, Colony Beach, Gooch’s Beach, Goose Rocks Beach, Middle Beach, Mother’s Beach
– By the Kennebunkport Bridge behind Mobil Station, 967-5507
- 1 ½ hour scenic cruise departs from next to bridge - Kennebunk River, 967-5507
- Sailing Trips - Arundel Wharf, Ocean Ave Kennebunkport, 967-8809
- Fishing Charters aboard the F/V Manta Ray, a 36 foot Northern Bay out of Kennebunkport Maine providing ready access to many of the Gulf of Maine's famous and productive fishing grounds. United States Coast Guard licensed captain, Capt. Jon Manter. 207-752-0536.
- Captain Adam Littell, Registered Maine Master Guide. Arundel Wharf. Phone: 985-7304
- Sight-seeing and Sport Fishing Charters - Kennebunkport Harbor
- A Classic New England wooden lobster tour boat for coastal excursions and lobster trap hauling. Perfect for sunset cruises and private functions. 967-5595
- Departs from Nonantum Marina - Guided Saltwater light-tackle and fly fishing charters aboard a 23" SeaCraft Center Console. 229-0201
- Perkin's Cove, Ogunquit. Scenic lobster, lighthouse, sailing and cocktail cruises. May through October. 646-5227
- Perkin's Cove, Ogunquit. Half & Full Day Trips 646-2214
- Deep Sea Fishing - Perkin's Cove, Ogunquit. Half & Full Day Trips 646-7202
Rip Tide III - Private Charters by Captain Dick O’Brien, 646-2011
– Coastal Maine Outfitting Co., 1399 US Rte. One, Cape Neddick, 363- 0181
- York Harbor, 363-8466
- York Harbor Town Dock #2. Deep Sea Fishing, Lighthouse trips, Whale Watching, Kids fishing trips. York, ME, 508-347-5830
- 7 Island Avenue, Kittery. Fishing, scuba diving, whale watching, coastal cruises, (207) 439-5068.
- Cape Neddick, 363-9269
World Within Sea Kayaking - 746 Ocean Ave. Wells, 646-0455
- Year-round narrated cruises on Casco Bay. Daily ferry service to five Casco Bay Islands. From Casco Bay Ferry Terminal at Commercial and Franklin Streets, Portland, 774-7871
- Theme and amusement park, RT 1 Saco, 284-5139
- rides, waterslides, and amusements, on the beach Old Orchard Beach 934-2001
York’s Wild Kingdom - Zoo and Theme Park, RT 1 York, 363-3883
- (Semi-Private) Kennebunk, 967-3951
- Brimstone Road, Arundel, 282-9850
Dunegrass at Old Orchard Beach Country Club - 49 Ross Road, - Old Orchard Beach, 934-4513
- Shore Road, Cape Neddick, 361-2011
- Ledges Drive, York, 351-2727
- Route 4, Berwick, 384-4653
- Coles Hill Road, Wells, 646-0508
- Country Club Road, Sanford, 324-5462
– Casco, ME 655-2747
- Pitch & Putt - 71 Western Ave. Kennebunk, 967-4661
Tee Shot Golf Range - North Berwick Road, Wells, 646-2727
Miniature Golf Courses
Wonder Mountain Golf Course - RT 1 Wells, 646-9655
Wells Beach Mini-Golf - RT 1, Wells, 646-7570
Sea Vu Mini-Golf - Post Road, Wells, 646-7732
argest collection of lighthouse gifts in the world. Route 1, Wells, 646-0608.
Antique Shops and Auctions – All along Rt 1 in Wells, Kennebunk, Ogunquit, York & Kittery. Dock Square - Kennebunkport - shops, boutiques, art galleries and restaurants.
- World famous and open 24 hours, 365 days per year. 1 hour north in Freeport. Freeport also offers over 100 outlet stores. 865-1212.
- Over 135 stores including restaurants, theaters and more. 364 Maine Mall Road, So. Portland. 774-0303.
- Portland's Historic District offers over 158 shops, 65 restaurants, 28 galleries, and numerous pubs.
All located in a charming five block area lined with cobblestone streets
on Portland’s historic waterfront. 400 Congress St., Portland. 772-6828.
- Just 20 minutes south of Ogunquit. Over 120 outlets and the Kittery Trading Post with savings of 20-70% daily. This shopping mecca is often referred to as “America's Maine Street for Outlet Shopping.” 1-888-KITTERY.
Things to do & Area Sight Seeing
600 scenic acres of research reserve including a 19th century saltwater farm, Rachel Carson Wildlife Refuge area, Laudholm Farm Visitors Center, exhibits, and seven miles of spectacular marsh walkways and trails along marshes, fields, and wetlands. Open year round. 342 Laudholm Farm Road, Wells. 646-1555, 646-4521.
- Open sunrise to sunset for bird watching and self-guided tours. Rt 9 Kennebunk/Wells Town line. 646-1555.
Scenic Walk - Marginal Way - Ogunquit one mile path along coast. Ends in Perkins Cove
- Greek Revival House 967-2513 or 2751
- Log Cabin Road - Kennebunkport, 967-2800 Kennebunkport
Brewery Tours - Federal Jacks - Lower Village Kennebunk, 967-4322
Nubble Light - Soiher Park, York Goat Island Lighthouse - Built in 1834. Viewed from Cape Porpoise Pier - Kennebunkport.
Scarborough Marsh Nature Center - Maine's largest salt marsh is best explored by canoe. Guided and self guided canoe tours. Abundant shorebird sightings. Nature center offers slide shows, exhibits. Rt. 9, Scarborough. 883-5100.
Maine Narrow Gauge RR Co. & Museum - 58 Fore St, Portland 207-828-0814.
Maine Wildlife Park – Moose, Bear, Deer, Cougars, Eagles and more. Nature Trail and Displays. Rt 26, 56 Game Farm Road, Gray, 657-4977
Area Recreation & Entertainment
- Wells Five Star Cinema, Smitty's Cinema, Biddeford, Smitty's Sanford Ciinema & Pub, Cinemagic & IMAX in Saco
Surfboards, Bodyboards, Skimboards, Wheels & Waves -
RT 1 Wells, 646-5774
- 83 Arundel Rd, Kennebunkport, 967-4382
Vacationland Bowling & Recreation Center - RT 1 Saco, 284-7386
Twentieth Century Lanes & Sports Bar - Biddeford, 284-0980
Airplane Rides - Sanford Airport - 324-0905
American Helicopter - Photo Flights & Scenic Rides, Sanford Airport, (800) 261-2022
Horseback Riding - Bush Brook Farms - Biddeford, (by appointment) 284-7721
Happy Wheels Skate Center - Roller Skating Rink, Scarborough, 883-3713
Hot Air Balloon Rides, 17 Freeman St., Portland, ME Phone: 207-772-4730, 800-952-2076
– Arundel/Kennebunkport, 985-5552
- Stock Summer Theatre Rt 1 Ogunquit, 646-5511
Art, Entertainment, & Museums
- 1 hour Historic walking tours from the Nott House, 967-2513 or 2751
- 135 North St, Kennebunkport, 967-2751
- Greek Revival House – Open Mid June to Mid-October, Dock Square, Kennebunkport, 967-2513 or 967-2751
– Largest collection of trolley cars in the world. Countryside rides on historic rides. Log Cabin Road - Kennebunkport, 967-2800
- P.O. Box 815, Shore Rd. Ogunquit, ME 03907 Phone: 207 646-4909
Meeting House Museum - Historical Society of Wells & Ogunquit. 207-646-4775.
- 207 York St., York, ME 03909 Phone: 207-363-4974
Children’s Museum of Maine - Fun for all ages. 142 Free Street, Portland, 828-1234.
Children’s Theater of Maine - 25A Forest Ave, Portland, 874-0371.
Comedy Connection - 6 Custom House Wharf, Portland, 774-5554.
Portland Concert Association - Dance, opera, musical theater, jazz, & more. 1-800-639-2707.
Portland Symphony Orchestra - Concerts year round. 30 Myrtle St. Portland, 773-8191.
- 7 Congress St, Portland, 775-6148.
- 280 Marcy St Portsmouth NH 603-436-3853.
- Marcy St, Portsmouth, NH 603-433-1100
Goat Island Lighthouse - Built in 1834. Best viewed from Cape Porpoise Pier - Kennebunkport.
- Between Short and Long Sands Beach in York Beach. Route 1 South to Shore Road. Follow signs to left after Short Sands Beach.
– Two lighthouses are perched atop the rocky shoreline. Off Rt. 77 in Cape Elizabeth.
– Maine's oldest lighthouse. Commissioned by George Washington in 1791. Adjacent to Fort Williams Park. Large grounds with picnic facilities and museum on the premises. 1000 Shore Rd. (off Rt. 77) Cape Elizabeth. 799-2661. On a clear day, you can see six area lights.
Wood Island Lighthouse – Biddeford Pool.
Beech Ridge Motor Speedway - Auto racing every Saturday night. Holmes Road, Scarborough. 883-5227.
Portland Pirates Hockey - AHL affiliate of NHL Washington Capitals. Play in Cumberland County Civic Center. Regular Season: October to early April. 775-3458.
- AA Farm Team for the Boston Red Sox. Home games held at Hadlock Field, Portland, from late April through early September. 879-9500.
Scarborough Downs - Seasonal harness racing, Rt. 1, Scarborough. 883-4331.
audholm Farms spectacular seaside strolls and cross country ski trails. 646-4521
Vacationland Bowling Center - 812 Portland Rd, Saco 284-7386.
Kennebunkport Brewery - Brewery tours. Shipyard Ale, Federal Jacks Brew Pub, 967-4322.
Rockin’ Horse Stables - Horse Drawn Sleigh/Carriage/Wagon Rides! 245 Arundel Road, Kennebunkport, 967-4288.
- 40 Km of groomed x-c trails and snow shoeing. Rentals and lunch available, ice skating pond. Maple sugaring in March. Minutes from the coast just off Rt. 35, 35 minutes from Wells. 252 Buzzell Rd Dayton, 499-2678.
Your Body Works - Therapeutic massage & spa center - Rt 1 Wells. Offering 6 types of therapeutic massage & several spa treatments. 1-800-479-1322.
Balloons over New England - Hot Air Balloon Rides 1-800-788-5562.
Maine Rock Gym Indoor Climbing Gym - 127 Marginal Way Portland. 207-780-6370.
Southworth Planetarium - Shows for children and adults including laser concerts. University of Southern Maine’s Science Building. Portland 780-4249.